Canada is home to millions of visitors each year. In fact, more than 35 million people visit Canada every year to enjoy the many opportunities our country has to offer, including visiting family and friends. If you wish to come to Canada for a temporary purpose like a vacation, to visit family or friends, or business you may need a Temporary Resident (Visitor) Visa.

Visa for Tourism

Total maximum duration of Canada stay for a Visitor Visa holder —Visitor visa holders can live for six months or till the valid period mentioned on their visitor visa, whichever is earlier.

If somebody wants to extends his or her stay in Canada? —if you want to extend your stay in Canada while being on a Canada visitor visa for tourism, then you have to formally request Canada immigration department not less than 30 days before your current stay’s expiry in Canada. You will have to leave Canada at the earliest possible opportunity if your request for extension is not approved.

Can you work in Canada while coming on a visitor visa for tourism? —While coming on a visitor visa for tourism, you are not allowed to work in Canada unless you apply to Canada immigration department and you get an approval.

Visa for Business

Generally, business visitors don’t require a work permit for visiting Canada with the only exception of those from nations requiring a TRV for entering Canada.

Now the question is who exactly is a business visitor. Well, as a business visitor to Canada, your intention to visit Canada for a temporary period should be to—

Make investments in a business;

Find out ways for developing your business; or

Progress your business relationships.

If you happen to be a business visitor, you will be required to make an application for an eTA or a visa for visiting Canada.

Apply when you are making plans for your trip; and

Take your passport you used for getting eTA along with you when travelling to Canada.

Documents for visitor visa applicants required to be sent with their application are as follows—

An invitation letter from your prospective business partner in Canada; and

A 24-hour contact details of the person.

Any identification cards or proof showing you have been granted a job.

Your intention is to live in Canada for less than six months;

You don’t have the intent to enter Canadian employment market;

You have all the required documents supporting your application;

You have a valid travel document, example a passport;

You meet basic entry conditions of Canada;

You are not considered to pose any health or security risk to Canadians;

You have necessary funds to fund your stay and return to your native nation; and

Your main place of business and source of income and profits is outside Canada.

Cross-Border Business—

It can include any of the following—

Taking orders for services or goods;

Buying Canadian goods or services for any overseas business or government;

Attendance of meetings/trade fairs/conventions or conferences;

Receiving training from any Canada-based parent firm you are working for outside Canada;

Offering training to workforce or any Canadian branch of an overseas company;

Receiving training from any Canada firm having sold you equipment or services; or

Providing after-sales services.

You shall have to get a Temporary Work Permit if you are desirous of living in Canada for more than six months and also enter the employment market of Canada.

Free online assessment

At Impact Immigrations, We aim to help you with immigration related objectives. We are one of the best immigration consultants in BC and we offer solutions to complex Canadian immigration problems.

Contact Info

+1 778-989-3500
Unit 212-8028 128th Street Surrey BC V3W 4E9
Inside Little India Plaza

Opening Hours

Monday - 10:00 - 18:00

Tuesday - 10:00 - 18:00

Wednesday - 10:00 - 18:00

Thursday- 10:00 - 18:00

Friday- 10:00 - 18:00

Saturday- Appointments only

Sunday- Closed

Member of ICCRC