Family reunification: One of Canada’s highest priorities. Impact Immigrations can help you bring your close relatives to Canada as permanent residents via the Family Sponsorship program.
Your relatives can live, study and work in Canada if they become permanent residents of Canada. You can sponsor certain relatives to come to Canada if you’re at least 18 years old and a:
• Canadian citizen or
• person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or
• permanent resident of Canada
In order for a Canadian sponsorship application to be successful, you need to persuade an immigration officer that your relationship is genuine — that you did not enter into a relationship primarily for immigration purposes.
Since cases of this type can be complex and detailed, sponsorship applications must be prepared with care. At Impact Immigrations, we carefully prepare a detailed and persuasive application, which includes all the relevant information.
For obtaining a visa under Canada Spousal sponsorship stream, the sponsor and the person being sponsored must be able to prove their relationship under any of the streams mentioned below—
• Spousal: Both the sponsor and the partner being sponsored should be married legally. They must also possess legal documents to prove their married relationship.
• Conjugal partner: A foreigner who is staying outside Canada and has been in a conjugal relationship with the sponsor for at least one year but was unable to live with the sponsor as a couple is deemed to be a conjugal partner.
• Common-law partner: Both the Spousal and the sponsored person should be living together at least for one year excluding any short absence for business/family reasons.
You can, as a citizen of Canada or as a permanent resident of Canada, offer sponsorship to your Spousal or your conjugal partner/common-law partner and their dependent children. Your partner can be of same or the opposite sex. Meanwhile, the person being sponsored must—
• Be at least 18 years;
• Not be related too closely to the person offering sponsorship (that is, by blood).
The Sponsor must—
• Be at least 18 years of age; Be either a Canada permanent resident or a Canada citizen staying in Canada; Not be in prison, a bankrupt, charged with any serious crime or offence; and Not have been offered sponsorship as a Spousal in the last five years period.
Impact Immigration consultants can help you navigate the system, and put forth your best possible application. Your case is professionally handled by a Regulated Immigration Consultant from start to finish; we will make sure that you reunite with your family in Canada. To date, we have enabled an increased number of Canadian permanent residents and Canada Canadian citizens to sponsor their Spousal or common-law partner to come and join them to live in Canada.
Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents have the option of visiting children in Canada for an extended period of time. You may be eligible to apply for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, allowing you to enjoy visiting your family in Canada for up to two years—without the need to renew your status.
The processing period of Canada Super Visa is just nearly 8 weeks.
• be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
• have a signed letter from your child or grandchild who invites you to Canada that includes:
• a promise of financial support for the length of your visit
• the list and number of people in the household of this person
• a copy of this person’s Canadian citizenship or permanent resident document
• have medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that is:
• valid for at least 1 year from the date of entry
• at least $100,000 coverage
• have proof that the medical insurance has been paid (quotes aren’t accepted)
• apply for a super visa from outside Canada
• be allowed to enter Canada
• take an immigration medical exam
• meet certain other conditions
Note: You can’t include dependants in this application.
The child or grandchild who invites you must prove that their household meets the minimum necessary income.
• Notice of Assessment (NOA) or T4/T1 for the most recent tax year
• Employment Insurance stubs
• employment letter including salary and date of hire
• pay stubs
• bank statements
• Other conditions which can be considered are:
• You must be a genuine visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of your visit.
Things which are looked upon by the officer when you apply are:
• your ties to your home country
• the purpose of your visit
• your family and finances
• the overall economic and political stability of your home country
Impact Immigrations offer a range of Visa Services to suit your requirements. Whether you are looking for a complete service from start to finish or you are just looking for consulting on specific queries that you have in relation to your case, we have it all. Contact Impact Immigrations today to know more.
It is imperative to avoid procedural errors. Even minor errors can result in delays to prevent unnecessary delays reuniting with loved ones. Canada permanent residents and citizens of Canada aged 18 or more to offer sponsorship to their parents and grandparents to help them obtain Canada permanent resident status.
At Impact Immigrations, we will process your application after ensuring that you fulfill essential requirements if you sponsor your parents or grandparents for Canada immigration as a Canada permanent resident.
You must know that it becomes your responsibility to offer Financial support to your parents/grandparents after they arrive in Canada and you will have to make sure that your parents or grandparents are not dependent on social assistance from the government of Canada.
• All applicants for Canada permanent residency have to undergo background, medical and criminal checks. The Canada government does not allow an applicant with a criminal record or any person deemed to pose a threat or risk to Canada’s security.
• If you did not offer any financial assistance agreed to when signing up for sponsorship agreement in the past;
• If you did not abide by a support order from court (alimony or child support);
• If you had defaulted on any immigration loan;
• If you had received financial aid for reasons other than disability;
• If you were found guilty and were convicted for any sexual offense, against your relative or any violent crime based on the conditions, like offense’s nature, when it took place and any issuance of record suspension;
• If you were in prison;
• If you have declared bankruptcy and are yet to get released from it.
• In addition, some other conditions can also leave you ineligible for offering sponsorship to your relative.
You and your sponsored relative have to sign a sponsorship contract that shows your commitment to providing financial assistance to him or her. Further, the agreement clearly shows that the relative getting a Canada permanent residency will make sure to provide support to himself or herself while living in Canada.
There is no requirement for signing a contract for children below 19 years.
Quebec residents need to make an undertaking with this province. You have to promise to provide financial help for the concerned relative and other eligible relatives who are accompanying them for three to ten years(based on the relationship to you and age). The period begins on the very day of their becoming a Canada permanent resident.
Those living in Quebec need to abide by Quebec immigration sponsorship requirements after getting approval as a sponsor by the immigration department of Canada.
At Impact Immigrations, We aim to help you with immigration related objectives. We are one of the best immigration consultants in BC and we offer solutions to complex Canadian immigration problems.
Monday - 10:00 - 18:00
Tuesday - 10:00 - 18:00
Wednesday - 10:00 - 18:00
Thursday- 10:00 - 18:00
Friday- 10:00 - 18:00
Saturday- Appointments only