To be eligible to become a Canadian citizen, you must:
• be a permanent resident
• have lived in Canada for 3 out of the last 5 years
• have filed your taxes, if you need to
• pass a test on your rights, responsibilities and knowledge of Canada
• prove your language skills
There are additional or different requirements if you are:
• applying for a minor (under age 18)
• a Canadian applying for your adopted child born outside Canada
• a current or former Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) member applying under the fast-track process
• a past Canadian citizen who want your Canadian citizenship back (including current and former CAF members)
Spouses of Canadian citizens
You don’t automatically become a citizen when you marry a Canadian. If you’re the spouse of a Canadian citizen, you must meet the same requirements listed above (no exception).
If you have a Canadian parent or grandparent, you may be a Canadian citizen.
At Impact Immigrations, We aim to help you with immigration related objectives. We are one of the best immigration consultants in BC and we offer solutions to complex Canadian immigration problems.
Monday - 10:00 - 18:00
Tuesday - 10:00 - 18:00
Wednesday - 10:00 - 18:00
Thursday- 10:00 - 18:00
Friday- 10:00 - 18:00
Saturday- Appointments only